Monday, July 13, 2009

Yeah for another church adventure!

So I didnt post yesterday because I didnt have time, so sorry to deprive you all. But yesterday was yet another adventure for the books.

I am sad to say that I slept through my alarm and so was running late for church. We needed to leave promptly at 8:40 to be able to reach the train on time. Well we left just a few minutes after that but it proved to be the down fall of the trip. When we arrived that the Nottinghill Gate tube stop we ran down stairs hoping to catch the next tube to Victoria train station. Unfortunately we missed the tube and had to wait 7 minutes for the next one. Around this time we noticed that in the mad dash to the platform we lost Jordan and Meagan in the crowd of people. We didnt think much of it because they knew how to get to the station and we figured they would be ok but as we listened to the station announcements we realized that the only other way they could get to the station was closed half way through... meaning they were going to be very lost. We the tube finally reached us we hopped on and hoped there would be no further problems because we were running very late and could miss our train. But of course we got delayed at one of the stations and arrived at Victoria 2 minutes after our train departed. Sad Day!

As we looked at the board to find our train we realized something dreadful... our train stop was closed for construction and there was no service to it! We just about panicked, how were we going to get to church! Well as we looked at the board an announcement said that if we took another train there would be a bus that could take us to Mitchem. So we ran for our new train and made it with time to spare. We got off the train at the right stop and eventually found the bus and guess what!?!? It was a double decker, I was going to ride in my first double decker, so we went right up to the top and sat in the front. And as the bus got ready to leave we looked up to see Jordan running for the bus, but there was no Meagan!?! It turned out that Meagan and Jordan had gotten separated but Jordan was able to find the connection train but we had no idea were Meagan was. So the bus started off and can I say double deakers are terrifying!!! I thought we were going to kill someone or at least hit a car or two. But we didnt and as we reached our stop, Katie and I stood up, cause we were in the front, and began walking to the stairs to get off. Well just at that moment the driver slammed on his breaks and Katie flew into the window and I almost fell down the stairs. It was really startling and scary!!!

So we ran down to the tram had to wait 10 minutes for it and then walked the rest of the way to church. We only got thee 15 minutes late so we figured it wasnt that bad. But on looking at it closer we found that to get to church we had to walk... take the tube... take a train... ride the bus... take a tram and then walk again to get to church. What a fun adventure.

Church was great and I taught the young women's lesson. It was really intimidating cause I had never taught before and I am only a year older then most of the girls. But I got through it ok and kaitlin said afterward that I did really good. Random side note... Kaitlin and I found out that my mom and her mom know each other from high school... its such a small world!

Anyway getting home was much easier but we accidentally left Jordan at church and I felt so bad.

When we got home I took a very long nap and then went and helped with dinner. After we had a presentation by Brother Chidick, who lived through World War II in London. He came and taught us a lot about what it was like to live in London during that time and the things that they had to do to stay safe. It was great.

But now I need to go to dinner and the Importance of Being Earnest is our play for this evening and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment