Friday, July 10, 2009

Brighton is the place to go and get husbands


So I must admit that my feet have never hurt so bad in my life but today was wonderful and I really enjoyed myself.
At promptly 4:30 this morning my alarm went off reminding me to get up and get ready for our big day in Brighton. Unfortunately I had stayed up very late 11:30 to 12ish doing laundry, reading and what not and so was suffering greatly from the lack of sleep. Anyway, I headed down stairs at 5:30 to meet everyone and only Garret and Rebecca were down there. Soon enough Melissa and Sarah were ready and then Kaitlin came running down the stairs and it seemed like everyone one started remembering that they had forgotten things and people where flying everywhere. So we didn't get out the door until like 5:50 and we were supposed to leave at 5:30! We we booked it to the underground only to find out it would be about 8 minutes before the tube we needed would arrive and time was ticking. We needed to be on the train before 7:30 and we still needed to print our tickets at a kiosk. So you know that seen in Home alone where they are running through the airport... well that was us except we were running through a train station and it was fantastic!
We made the train and when we sat down I became so tired that I think that I dosed the whole way to Brighton. When we got there we headed straight for the beach and as we were walking I noticed a horrible thing... I had forgotten my jacket and it was so cold because the wind was blowing! Well we got down to the beach and to my dismay it was a pebble beach... well actually that is an understatement it was a very extra rock beach with lots of broken sea shells! It was terrible to walk over and at one point I had to stop and pull sea shell pieces out of the bottom of my feet! Anyway, we got down to the water and it actually wasn't as cold as I thought it would be and it was great but I didn't get very far in because I didn't want to get wet and then we cold and miserable the rest of the day. The best part of the whole thing was that after we put our shoes back on we decided to try and take a jumping picture but we didn't have anyone to take our picture so we set the timer and tried to jump before the picture took. I think we must have taken about 20 photos and we could not get one where we were all in the air! But it was so much fun!
After that we walked along the board walk forever and ever and I thought I was going to die because I knew that we were just going to have to turn around and walk all the way back and then some. But it was fun because we kept a sharp look out for Officers because Brighton is the place to get husbands! haha, go tot love Pride and Prejudice! At about 9:50 we turned around and started walking back because we were meeting Adison, Rubie and Anna at the aquarium at 10:30. But just not any aquarium, the OLDEST working aquarium in the WORLD!!!! Just makes it that much cooler. It was built in the 1860's or something like that and it was amazing! There was this one part were we got to go into the amazon rain forest looking thing but the path was covered in mirrors and I could not figure out which way to go because everywhere that I turned I was looking at myself!!! I finally had to start reaching out and touching things to get through the forest!
After the Aquarium we headed out to a french market where I bought my mom a present but I can tell you what that is... sorry! Anyway it was fun and then we headed back to the Pier to look at the rides and just walk around. Well Melissa and I saw this ride called the Booster and it was the coolest thing I think that I have ever seen.. photos on facebook. It was this hug thing at least a hundred feet tall and just swings you around and you go upside down and out over the ocean and everything. It was fantastic and the best five pounds that I have spent since coming to England! After that we wondered around the pier for awhile and then headed out for lunch.
After Lunch we decided to go and find this market located on the North Lanes. Somewhere along the way we realized that we didnt have a map and had no idea where we were going so we stopped for directions and ran across the Royal Pavilion built by George IV. It was massive and fantastic and so cool, it reminded me of aladdin and I really wanted a flying carpet to take me around it. We didnt go inside though cause it would have cost more money so we set out in search of the markets.
We spent the remainder of our envening wondering through the markets and buying clothes. It was great because we would go in one store and Kaitlin would find something that she liked but would then decided not to buy it so we would continue on. But less then 10 minutes later she decided that she wanted to go back and get the whatever and so we had to hike all the way back and find the stores all over again. It was fun though. We stopped for food at this Italian pizza place because we were starving and our feet hurt so bad and it was cheap. The food was good though and then we sent off into the markets again. We didnt last long though because the shos were starting to close and we were so tired. So tired in fact that we went to the train station an hour and a half early so we could sit down and not move... plus we had run out of things to do becuase we didnt want to spend the money to go to a show.
The train ride back was better because the seats were more padded and my butt didnt hurt so bad but it just felt so good to be off my feet and relaxing! But that was my day and a fantastic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment