Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ode to Homework

Oh, Homework how I love you
You monopolize my time and all my thoughts
and no matter how I try to stay ahead of you ,
you always catch up and swamp me.


I have been working on an essay for the last day or so and I thought that I was doing great. But I took my first draft to my teacher to discuss some ideas with him. And it went great but now I am sitting here working on it again and I have hit a wall and am dieing. Also I have officially decided that I hate the Internet here! I have been tyring to upload photos to my blog for the past hour and I have finally given up! I think that the computer/Internet is conspiring against me.

Anyway I spent forever in class today from 12-4:30. Ususally I would say that's not so bad but when you are in London no one should be forced to stay in class this long but I guess that its all in the pursuit of a good cause. This weekend that are giving us a four day weekend which means that they canceled class on my birthday! HECK YES!!!! but in order to compensate for the lost time we have to go to class longer. I don't think that my butt can take much more of these chairs!!!!

After class I went promptly down stairs to help with dinner. Oh, I forgot to tell you all but it is my privilege to serve on the kitchen crew this week! What fun! Actually it is fun but I have a weird obsession with how the table is set and how the dishes are washed and sometimes I get frustrated and want to tell everyone to get out of the kitchen and that I will do it all myself! Ha, that would take forever, but seriously everyone needs to know what side of the plate the fork goes on!!! And the first day everyone left early and I got stuck down in the kitchen washing dishes by myself for a half hour and I was furious! Oh well, I had fun talking to sister paxman while I was at it.

Tomorrow is the beginning of more grand adventures. We are traveling to Cambridge tomorrow and I am so excited to visit the university and the city with it. Thursday is my birthday and Friday brings Brighton! And you know what the best part of the whole thing is??? We are traveling to Brighton during gay pride week and Brighton is the gay and lesbian capital of the UK and while we are there, there is supposed to be a gay pride festival!!!! Bahaha, this should be interesting.

Oh and did I mention that in my ward I have been assigned to work with the young women and on Sunday I am going to be teaching. I am so excited but kind of scared! The girls don't have long attention spans and so its going to be interesting but I am really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment