Friday, July 17, 2009

Harry Potter and Hampton Court

So yesterday and today have been absolutely amazing and probably the best days by far!

The beginning of yesterday was not so fun considering I had two midterms but I think that they both went pretty well but I guess we'll see when I get my grades. But after midterms yesterday Ilarene, Danny, Dillon, Robyn, both Elizabeth's and I went to the Tate Modern Art Museum. It was really interesting but some of the stuff in there was really quite bazaar. Like there was a wall that had dead birds all over it that were pinned there by arrows and stuff like that. It was really disturbing. Anyway it was fun and Danny and Ilarene were a riot!

After that we headed back to the center for dinner and a short break before heading out to go see Harry Potter. Can I say that there is something unreal about watching Harry Potter in London. In the beginning of the movie when the bridge was destroyed I had just walked across that bridge not 5 hours earlier. It was so cool to be able to watch it and see things and places where I have been. And we are going to Durham castle next week and spending the night there, and that is where they do most of the filming. I cant wait. The movie was so exciting and I loved it so much. The movies are getting better as we go and I cant wait for the next two movies.

After the movie got out we walked out side to find that it was pouring rain and I had conveniently taken my umbrella out of my bag before we had left. So we had to run like a half mile back to the house and I had to run barefoot because I had flip flops on and I didnt want to slip in them. After we got back we ended up dancing in the rain for a while and just running around and having fun. It was 11 at night and I am sure the neighbors were not to happy with us but is was fantastic and I was soaked from head to foot by the end of it.

Today everyone went to Hampton Court. It was so beautiful and I dont think that I have ever seen anything that has such amazing gardens. The place was huge and just seemed to go forever in every direction. It was so exciting to see where Henry VIII had spent a lot of his time and where Anne Boleyn was arrested at the tennis courts. Even after them, Elizabeth I and William and Mary lived there and the history was just so exciting. There were tapestries that were 500 years old and they were so cool and I cant believe that they have lasted so long. I was in a group with Ilarene, Danny and Dillon and they were so much fun to hang out with. I wish that I could live there. You have to walk so far to get anywhere that you could never get fat, haha! Anyway not sure what I am doing tomorrow but next week brings Scotland and the Lake District!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment