Friday, July 31, 2009

A weeks Review

ok, so I have become horrible about posting in the last couple of days and so have a lot to catch up on.

Monday I discovered the joys of Primark! Primark is a store in london that sells everything for ridiculously low prices! It had that most wonderful clothing and coats and I really wish that they had on in the states becuase I would go everyday and buy the whole store!!! anyway it was so much fun and I spent way to much money but it was worth it and I am going to come home dressed like a London girl!

So on Wednesday I officially learned how to play Poker. Elizabeth Davey and Elizabeth Stuart and I played for several hours and it was about 3 in the morning before I finally went to bed. It was so much fun though, we were eating popcorn all night and laughing. We didnt have anything ot bet with so we were using the butter and jam packages that were in the kithchen. Before we played I had made the mistake of eating a whole pint of Ben and Jerries half backed icecream and so I was really hyper. I had a scarf wrapped around my head like a turban and had made myself a paper cigerette! Needless to say that by the time that we stopped that I was winning... beginners luck!! It has definitly been one of the best nights by far.

Thursday night we went to Her Magesty's Theater and saw the Phantom of the Opera. It was the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in my entire life!!! The person that was playing the Phantom had the most amazing voice that I have ever heard in my entire life. He made the phantom from the movie look like he didnt know how to sing. He was so good that by the end of 'the point o fno return' I was crying!!! The girl that was playing Christine was not the most amazing though. We found out later that she was the understudy which explained things. It was still amazing though and I cna not get over it. I have been singing it all day and I bought a shirt while there and I slept in it because I just wanted to remember everything about it!

Today we went to Greenwich! It was really fun and I got ot stand on the the Prime Meridian, the beginning of time! It was really interesting and fun to walk around the muesums and learn about how clocks were invented, space and then vistit the marintin musuems. During this time we walked into and explored an astronomy area and I touched an asteroid that was about 4.5 billion years old!!! It was so cool. Later in the day we ran into Dr. Evans and he told us that we need to go visit the building that ahd some really cool painted ceilings. So after walking around for a while we walked over to go see these paintings. When we got there though we noticed that there were people everywhere in costumes and there was all sorts of stuff for lighting and then we saw a guy walk past with camera stuff. So we stopped and talked to a lady and she told us that they were using the building with the painted ceiling in the film of Gulivers Travels. Not only that but they were filming inside as we spoke and the star in the film was none other then Jack Black!!!! We didnt get to see him cause they wouldnt let us into the building and that was really say but we go to see everyone dressed up in their costumes and what not and it was so amazing. Fancy randomly wondering onto a film set where Jack Black was!!! Haha, it was the highlight of my day because it was just so random.

Tonight we are going to be playing some more poker and I am headed off to the store to go get starburst that we will be using for our money this time! Only a few more day in London and I am so very sad to think that this is going to be ending soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment