Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth

So basically the line above it my favorite line from The Importance of Being Earnest. Yesterday was a pretty fantastic day and I loved it. We had class in the morning like usual and I actually really enjoyed it.

First off was English. We had an essay due and unfortunately Dr. Paxman thought it would be a grand idea for us all to get into little groups and we could all read each others fist page. Needless to say that was quite terrifying cause everyone else in my group was so much older and are much better writers. But I think that I did alright but will see if thats true when I get my grades back.

Next on the list was History. History was of course fun as usual and very fasted paced. I love learning in that class, there is so much that they dont teach you about in European History back home. I have a test in History and English this week, both of course on Thursday, but is should be adventurous and hopefully I will do good.

After class Elizabeth Davey, Elizabeth Stuart and I went to the national gallery. I needed to go do an assignment for English and neither of them had been there yet so it was a fun, but of course I forgot my camera and I was very sad about that. The national gallery was great and I really loved looking at the art by Reuben. I spent like an hour in his room alone because it was amazing. My assignment was pretty easy and I got it done soon but I could remember how many of the pictures on it we were supposed to analyse and right on so I did them all... all like 18 of them. Turns out I only needed to to 4 but its all good. After that I met back up with the Elizabeth's and we headed back home for dinner... but I am no longer on kitchen crew so that was exciting.

After dinner the new kitchen team seemed to be struggling because they needed to get done fast so I went and helped them do dished for 45 minutes. Sister Paxman was really confused when she saw me done there, but I just told her I was helping out so that the team could get on their feet. She said that my mom must have raised me very well (haha, yes she did! Way to go mom!!!) After that I ran up stairs to get read for the play!

The play was in an open air theater in Regents park. The park was beautiful and the landscaping was amazing! I was so excited for the play! The Importance of Being Earnest is my favorite play ever and Oscar Wilde is just amazing, I mean come on, who wouldn't want to go see his plays??? The play started at 8 and didnt end until 10:40 but it was the best 2 hours and 40 minutes of my life. The guy who played Algy was just amazing and I almost died of laughter more then once. But that was my day and today I am spending all day in class so that wont be to exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment