Friday, June 26, 2009

Torture and Relaxation

Today was a wonderful day full of torture and relaxation. The torture began with the terrible news that my favorite singer of all time had died. Please, a moment of silence in memory of MJ.... ok moving on. I was very excited to learn that today Kaitlin had a Tricia moment, she put her shoes on the wrong feet, Ha, I am not longer the only one!
We began the day by heading out to the Tower of London. It was so much fun but there were people everywhere and all I wanted to do was tell them all to get out of my way so that I could see! I was so sad to because yet again I encountered a place that would not let me take pictures inside! No pictures of the crown jewels and no pictures of Henry VIII armer. Can I say that Henry was HUGE!!! I dont mean tall but rather fat. It was crazy, I didnt know that people knew how to get fat back then. It was really interesting to because there were alot of prisoners who would carve things into the wall and it was amazing to think that some of the suff that we saw was all the was from the 1500's. During th ecorse of the trip kaitlin and I were separted from the group because the Loo was calling. I want everyone to know that I stood in the 1995 Loo of the year, hahaha.
As Kaitlin and I set forth we set our sights on Bloody Tower, only to be turned away because we were not with a professor! WHAT! I am an adult thank you very much and do not need to have a professor in tow to make sure that I behave! Anyway we still had a lot of fun and latter we met up with Rebecca and continued our adventure. We soon found our selves in an old torture chamber. There was all the stuff like the rack but there was this one torture contraption that they used to compress people. Who the crap comes up with this stuff??? Later we walked across the Tower Bridge and wondered around the other side for awhile. We were looking for food but soon found ourselves out of luck and had to travel all the way back to palace court (it took us about 45 minutes to an hour to get back).
After we returned I spent a wonderful afternoon relaxing and doing homework. I can officially say that I have now read part of the Cantabury Tales, but I probably didnt understand half of it because it was all in middle english, anyone want to translate? It was really interesting though and I cant wait for our trip to Cantabury now.

1 comment: