Monday, June 29, 2009

As You Like It

As Allyson well knows I have expressed my hatred for Shakespeare's plays as long as I can remember but today I have learned to appreciate his work for once.  
The day began with classes.  I had english first, where we talked about the Canterbury Tales and Sir Gawin and the Green Knight (props to Jessica the TA for teaching a fantastic class) then History , which by the way is an amazing class!  Professor Hawkins is great and his class is so much fun, but it is difficult to stay awake :(.  
Anyway, Kylee, Jordan, Kaitlin, Rebecca and myself went to a travel agency today to try and plan a trip to Ireland but we found out that it would cost almost 250 pounds!  I guess that I wont be going there on my birthday but I think that we are going to go to Brighton and spend that weekend on the beach instead.  Should be fun right!    Even though our hopes were dashed we had a wonderful day because we had a chance to go to the Globe Theater and see the play As You Like It!  It was an amazing experience and I have truly begun to appreciate Shakespeare's  work.  Though I still refuse to read it, watching it is actually very enjoyable. 
 I cant wait to Wednesday because we are traveling to Bath, Stonehenge and another place as well whose name has slipped my mind for the moment.   We have more classes tomorrow which is a good thing because it is supposed to get up into the 80's tomorrow and the 90 on wednesday!  Since when did London have weather like that!  It has only rained once since we have been here and that is pretty much unheard of right?  Oh well I guess that I am learning to truly appreciate Air Conditioning since no one in London believes in AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment