Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Home at Last!

I cant even begin to tell you how much I want to go to bed right now but I know that will not help me get over the jet lag at all so I will resist the temptation. So I got home-well to my aunt and uncles- at 9:45 last night and it felt so good to be able to just fall into my own bed and not have to worry about waking up to someones alarm at 5 in the morning.
The last couple of day in London were amazing and I just loved being able to spend some free time with everyone. On Saturday we went to the temple which was so much fun and was such a nice relaxing experience. After that we headed back to London and tried to get tickets to Lion King but we did not succeed but it was probably for the best because we were all so tired. On our way back to the center we stopped but the British Library which was truly an amazing experience. We saw stuff by Jane Austen the original Handles Messiah, the magna carta and lots of stuff from the Beatles. It was really cool and defiantly worth it. On our way back to the tube we stopped but Kings Cross and I went and saw Platform 9 3/4. I was expecting the really grand platform and what not but it was just a wall with a sign on it! I was really sad but it was fun to take pictures. After Elizabeth Stuart and I went back to the center and fell asleep in the sitting room for about two hours. After that we headed to dinner at some Thia place that was amazing!!!
Sunday was pretty normal. I taught the young women again and it was alot of fun and we took lots of pictures with the girls and it was great. We didnt have any major happenings on the way there or back which was nice. That night we stayed up and played spoons and had a dance party in the servery. It was so much fun and a perfect way to end the trip. Ilarene, Gerret, Danney and I left for the airport at the six in the morning and it was a really interesting experience taking the tube with two really heavy suitcases... Anyway we made it there fine and we didnt have any problems with our flight. When we got to JFK the first thing we all did was to head for Wendy's. It was so good!!! Anyway now I am just hanging back in Utah trying to get over the jet lag and procrastinating unpacking. And tomorrow I go back to work and get my wisdom teeth out. Should be great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment